Saturday, February 26, 2011

Graphic Design Logo Project

Initial Sketches

Logo #1

Logo #2

Logo #3

Logo #4

Logo #5

Final Logo
1. I created this logo based on the dream I have to establish a company for women's shoes. I played the name for the brand off of my middle name, Alexis, and my last name, Colucci.  I wanted to use a silhouette of a woman wearing high heels so I found the outline of the woman online-http://www.superstock.com/stock-photos-images/1606-113271. I traced the outline, shaded it in, and made the shoes red for emphasis. I love the way that the red shoes look on the black figure. It has a classic appeal that encompasses my personal style. Once I had the lady in place, I started playing with the style of placement of the letters around her. I originally thought plain type would look professional, but decided to go with the almost-cursive style to make it look more eloquent. Purple is my favorite color and it complements the red in the shoes so well. The idea of the 'x' and the 'i' in red were given to me by a friend. I discovered that the smallest things, from placement to letter styling have a huge affect on the overall appeal of the logo. Moving things just a quarter of a centimeter and making the font just a bit thicker really changed the look to make the work look more finished. The videos also had some helpful advice in creating the logo. A lot of times the simpler the design the better. And the logo really has to capture the essence of the company it is representing to leave an impression on the viewer. Also, that inspiration can come from anywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment