Thursday, March 24, 2011

Art Making/Material Exploration: Exploring Line

Right Hand Drawn with Left

Left Hand Drawn with Right



















1. I haven't drawn a hand since high school art class so it brought me back to that learning experience. I was trying to capture the details of my hand without overdoing them. I have such small, dainty hands and I tried to give that effect in my drawing.
2. I selected pencil for this exercise because I am much more comfortable sketching with it.
3. It was very uncomfortable sketching with my left hand because I am not very good at doing much of anything that requires even the littlest bit of precision with it. I felt like I couldn't even make a straight line. My lines had to be made in small segments because every dash I made would always curve towards the left no matter what.
4. The drawing with my dominant hand is obviously better, however the other is not terrible. I think this was successful because I accomplished more with my left hand that I originally thought that I would.
5. No, I would not. It took me much longer to use my left hand and it was a struggle to produce the low quality drawing that I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment