Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Self Portrait

Photo of myself

Inspirations
Chuck Close. Self-Portrait, 2004-05. Oil on canvas, 102 x 86 inches (259.1 x 218.4 cm).      
Ken Heyman . Andy Warhol with Self-Portraits, 1964.
Silver gelatin print, 16 x 20" (40.6 x 50.8 cm.).
  

Frida Kahlo. Self-Portrait with Monkey, 1938.  Oil on Masonite
16 x 12 inches (40.6 x 30.5 cm)


My Self Portrait
Kimberly Colucci. Myself, 2011. Oil on Canvas, 11x8 inches.

1. Why did you select the inspiration pieces? I chose these three pieces because each artist played a different angle pertaining to self portraits.
2. Why did you select the media to create your self-portrait?
I have the most experience with oil paint and used this assignment to try it again.
3. What challenges did you face in creating your self-portrait and how did you overcome them?
It was hard to make the shape of my face right so that it actually resembled my face. I had to paint over it many times.
4. How does this piece represent you?
My face reflects gentleness and an unstressed state, which is how I feel I have come to be. It represents a change in myself to a more harmonious person.
5. What elements and principles of art did you apply in this work?
I used value with different grays and blacks.The use of proportion is also demonstrated in the closeness of the face.
6. Did you enjoy working on this project?
Yes, it was interesting creating this self portrait.
7. What do you think of your final artwork?
I think it was very successful and I'm proud of it. I think it is a very good reflection of my spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment