Thursday, May 12, 2011

Art Criticism

I chose to review the project curated by Lindsay Krug entitled Expression Through Nude Painting. I chose this project because it was similar to my project, with the essence of portraying nude art. It differed from my project because it only focused on paintings, where I used many different mediums in my collection. I found it very easy to write the critique using the guidelines that were provided. It was interesting to see other projects and the different themes that people chose. As for the one I chose, the theme was similar to mine as I mentioned before, so it was interesting to see what pieces that she picked. There were many that I had seen when I was searching for images and even more that I had not. I would like to see feedback from my project because it was such a bold theme. There were some really beautiful works as well. I think I would rate my article at a 9, because it discussed the dominant details of the entire collection and a good overview of the paintings. I enjoyed reviewing the collections that the class had made.

No comments:

Post a Comment